- What cookies are
- Different kinds of cookies
- Analytics Cookies
- Managing your cookie preferences
- Cookies’ persistency
What cookies are
Cookies are small text files (letter and/or numbers) which are placed on your computer (or other devices used to access the internet) whenever you visit a website.
Different kinds of cookies
Websites use several kinds of cookies that can be classified into the following categories. Some of the cookies here indicated only have technical functions (the so called Technical cookies), while other cookies are used to profile the website users.
The SupplHi websites only use Technical cookies, while no Profiling cookies are used.
- Essential Cookies These cookies are vital to the basic performance of the SupplHi website; they enable critical authentication, validation, session management, and fraud prevention. The duration of these cookies is strictly limited to the work session. Once you close your browser, they will be deleted. Disabling these cookies would compromise the possibility to use the services you can access once you have logged into your account, while you would still be able to navigate the rest of the website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies These cookies track which pages you visit frequently and how you use the website and its links. They also allow SupplHi to promptly identify and fix any issue that might impact your journey within our website. The information that these cookies collect is aggregated before being used to allow us to make improvements to your browsing experience. These cookies are not used to collect your personal information for advertising purposes. Disabling these cookies would not compromise the possibility to use our website.
- Functionality Cookies These cookies provide you with additional functionality and enable us to remember the settings that you may have previously applied. Examples: cookies that allow us to remember what preferences you may have or that allow us to remember your login details, like your user ID.
- Profiling Cookies SupplHi website does not use profiling cookies. These are persistent cookies and they aim at creating users’ profiles. They are used to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation.
SupplHi websites include some components transmitted from Google Analytics, a traffic analysis service offered by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics are third parties cookies collected and processed anonymously in order to monitor and enhance your browsing experience (performance cookies).
Analytics cookies are used to collect information on the use of SupplHi websites by users and to analyze their preferences anonymously (the IP address of the user is among the information collected). This information is collected and elaborated by Google Analytics in order to give reports for operators of the SupplHi on the activities carried out on our websites.
SupplHi websites do not use Google Analytics to monitor or collect personal information or information that can lead to identification. Our websites do not allow third parties to carry out these functions either. Google does not associate the IP address to any other data detained by Google and it does not attempt to associate any IP address with any of the website users’ identities. Google can communicate this information to third parties if this is required by law or if the third parties are processing this information on Google’s behalf.
For additional information on Google Analytics cookies, please visit the Google page www.google.it/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/ .
If you do not want your data collected with Google Analytics, you can opt out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at the following address tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
Managing your cookie preferences
Some people prefer not to allow cookies, which is why most browsers give you the ability to manage cookies to suit your preference.
In some browsers you can set up rules to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis, giving you more fine-grained control over your privacy. What this means is that you can disable cookies from all sites except those that you trust through adjusting your browser settings.
For instance, on Firefox you can manage your cookie preferences through the control panel you can reach by clicking on Tools-Options-Privacy. You can manage your cookie preferences on some of the most used browsers at the following addresses:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=it_IT
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org , which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Please be aware that completely disabling technical cookies can compromise the functionalities of the SupplHi websites for registered users.
Completely disabling third-party cookies does not affect navigation on our websites.
Session cookies are active for as long as the browser is on or for as long as you do not logout from your session.
Another kind of cookies, known as Persistent cookies, are also available during future navigation sessions even after you close your browser or logout from your session. Their duration is determined when they are created. In some cases they have an expiry date, while sometimes their duration is unlimited.
SupplHi websites do not use persistent cookies. Nevertheless while navigating on the SupplHi websites, be aware that you can interact with third-party websites that can create or modify persistent cookies or profiling cookies.